Friday, February 14, 2014

Teacher Treat Bucket...using vinyl cut with Cameo

Hi Everyone....this little project is one I made for my son's fourth grade teacher.  I have such respect for teachers...they are underpaid, overworked and have a huge responsibility.  Whenever I get the chance to send in something special, believe me...I do!  It's the least I can do for the impact those individuals have on my son.  This is what I created for our special teacher this year:

It's one of the little $1 buckets from Target...I stocked up on a LOT of them years ago, so I just pulled this one from my closet.  The red decal is vinyl that I cut with my Cameo using a file I picked up in the Silhouette online store.  I'm no vinyl expert...and if you look really closely....well, just don't do that.  *wink*  The teacher won't care!  I must learn how to make vinyl cuts work on a rounded surface....put that on my "to do" list for the Cameo!


Chocolate Kisses inside.  Yum....chocolate.  I only ate two while putting this together....honest!


More projects coming soon!



1 comment:

Charlotte C said...

What a lovely idea. Wish I had thought of it for my grandsons' teachers. Anyhow, just FYI, I'm no vinyl expert (or any expert) on my Cameo, but I saw a post on how to apply vinyl to rounded surfaces (a mug, a glass, etc.). I can't tell you where, but I do remember she said sit down and lay the object on your lap to steady it while you apply the vinyl. Does it work? I hope so.