Friday, February 21, 2014

Today is Your Day!

Hi everyone....It sure is a sunny, beautiful morning here today.  I have lunch plans with a friend and high hopes of getting some scrapbooking done this afternoon.  My son is going home with a friend after school, so my afternoon will be longer than usual.  He will have a great time with his friend, and I hope to make some more scrapbooking progress.  

I have really enjoyed working on my son's scrapbook pages lately.  My "shop my stash" goal has not been restrictive (yet), and frankly...a lot of my favorite suppliers are out of business or have changed focus and so my temptations to purchase have been really reduced just by circumstance.  It makes me sad for the hobby that I love that it is in such a downturn, but I'm going to keep plugging along, doing what I enjoy and hopefully inspiring others to do the same along the way.  Maybe together we will start a bit of a resurgence!

So today....here's a super simple card.  It seems like I am chronically short on birthday cards and this is one I whipped up quickly:


The paper is by Echo Park.  The red die cut piece was cut using Cricut Art Philosophy.  Stamps are by SP&Company.  The ribbon was in my stash and just happened to work perfectly with the colors in the papers.

Today is your day...make the most of it!



1 comment:

Karon said...

A simple card maybe, but wonderful!! love the papers! Have a wonderful weekend.