Friday, August 15, 2014

Hello, there!

TGIF--right?!    This was my son's first full week of fifth grade.  He's really enjoying it so far, but I'm not kidding when I say we're all dragging our tails from the hectic pace of life once school starts up.  We're ready for a weekend, that's for sure! 

I'm sharing a card today that I'm going to drop in the mail to my niece, who has just moved into her new dorm as a Freshman in college.  I loved getting mail when I was in college and I think she will, too.  I made this card very quickly this morning so I could get it in the mail later today.  Check it out:


Materials used:
Cardstock: SU
All inks: SU ink pads and markers
Stamps: Cheep Talk by SU
Patterned Papers: MME scraps
Fiskars border punch

I forgot how much fun it was to use markers to ink up stamps.  That's how I accomplished the two-tone tree branch with green leaves.  

I hope you have a wonderful weekend!



1 comment:

Karon said...

Beautiful card, love the stamps and colour. Sure your niece will enjoy getting this in the mail. TFS and have a great weekend.